Saturday, February 02, 2008

Training the Shop Owners

It's been almost a week since I've had anything to add to my Blog here; did a lot of thinking today though. Got the Feburary edition of The Mortgageland Journal out on time Friday morning, and finished up the last minute touches on some new 'bullets' for our Website & Internet Originations live class web page, which I'm hopeful will make that read easier/clearer.

As I have focused a great deal these last 6 weeks or so, on updating re-writing much of our website's content/text and also updating all of our lessons - I have come to realize a concentration on owner/operators as students as well, is lacking. I have been thinking about how to help their personnel, loan officers and newer broker owner shop owners; but I've missed an audience that we could do a great deal to aid and support in operating their businesses. And, that would be those owner/operators who themselves began in the industry since the Fall of '98 (when the last 'correction' began). That group has grown up in the atmosphere which developed since then. Most seem to have a similar attitute and view of the industry, and it's one that needs to be tweeked for them to continue on through periods in our industry that are not 'easy money' operating times.

I have to concentrate on how to get their attention, so we can be a helpful resource for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap