Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mortgage Mentor Program - update 2008


I was able to blast through the modifications on this page on our main site this morning; finished what I wanted to accomplish in just under 3 hours! Sticking with the same theme of updates, modified META Tags, some Title tags, etc., and I reduced the word count to 59% of it's former size, and (again) kept sufficient detail so a potential student will understand what this program is all about.

Like our CMP program, our Mentor program is one of the most popular individual pages on our site, with several key word/phrases in organic searches within the top three, so getting these two pages completed initially I think was a smart move ... I can only pray I didn't goof up any of our prior SEO hard work.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter:

I have a great deal of respect for your work and feel that you are a true asset to our entire industry.

How aggressively are you pursuing links from other sites? Also, are you using "nofollow" to channel pagerank to your optimized pages?

I've been studying this for a while and wondered how you and your team are dealing with this?

Take care

1:15 PM  
Blogger Secret! said...

Thanks Martin, I appreciate your comments.

The Google phenomenon of revealing their 'secret' ranking of any single page on the Internet, for what they call 'relevance' or better yet, their view that that specific page (not the entire site) is an 'authority' I feel is more EGO than anything else.

SEO activities which result in increasing key word/phrase positioning inside a users organic search - means much more to me than any Google PR, by a long shot.

For every minute we spend on increasing our PR (via back links from same themed based sites), we invest 100 times that much on trying to achieve higher rankings on the various key word/phrases which drive viewers to our website Martin. It's hard work.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap