Thursday, December 20, 2007

Updating our Main Website - SEO revisited - Part DUEX

This is what I want to do this afternoon, after 3 hours last night and five hours so far today. I got up close and personal with the Google Webmaster Tools - and what a delight that was!
They showed me that I needed to closely examine and properly modify all of our Title and Keyword Tags, along with longer more percise Descriptions for each page (they say it will improve clickability)! Google has 88 pages indexed for our website, and boy oh boy, I'm now REAL familar with each of them and HTML (yawn).
I was fascinated to discover they showed an external links table which provides a list of pages on our website, that have links pointing to them from other sites. Sure I knew that, but since the Page Rank of our index page SUCKS, I knew it couldn't be too good - regardless of the efforts we have put forth to get theme related back-links with suitable PR's. When I saw 2,116 of them (and I mean each and every single one, from whoever, to this or that page on our site) I nearly fell off my chair.
Of course all this background work nobody will even notice, but it's the 'heavy lifting' that will help us endure through this devistatingly slow punishing crisis our industry is in right now. This task is gonna take me weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap