Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How it Was is not how it Will be! - Part 2

Finished up the newsletter lead article for the March edition of The MortgageLand Journal, it turned out to be more difficult than I had imagined. This is its opening paragraph:

"Picture an old grand-father’s clock in your mind, with it’s pendulum swinging back and forth. That’s how the residential real estate mortgage lending industry trends have historically performed. The pendulum swings in one direction for a time; then it reverses itself and goes back the other direction. With each ‘correction,’ the newly changed course brings fresh and innovative ways to operate; many new concepts develop that were not a part of the former path."

From memory, I then went on to detail what the major changes were that happened to the industry during the '98-05 swing (I kinda wished I had some old newspapers, notes or whatever to look back on) - events and innovations that were not a part of the previous cycle/swing.

Next as a contrast, I described what's been different since this Winter 'o5 swing began, and what I see that will come to pass as well as a result of the effects the '98-05 cycle has had on the business. Overall, I found this one of the most challenging pieces I've written in quite some time.

Continuing my aim at mortgage broker/owners that entered our industry since the Fall '98 swing began, the second article describes how to select the best candidate when hiring an LO, and where to find them.

(Doctor appointment this afternoon, and several tests scheduled for tomorrow).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need a good Newspaper Archive? Check to see if your local library has a ebsco subscription.

It is like a Search Engine, but for AP wire stories dating back to the (get this)...

1700's!!!

I used it while doing some historical research-blew Google away by a mile.

Keyword search and all

-Unassuming Guy (f.k.a anonymous)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Secret! said...

THANKS! I'm sure it's a lot better than my memory :-}

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap