Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Mortgageland Journal lead article March 1, 2008

I plugged this article into my Blog this month, as it struck me as information which so many folks just don't get! As I read article after article, and topic/threads here and there, in several diifferent industry-wide internet discussion borads (I probably read all the stuff you get too 'cause I want to see what you see, and keep myself grounded by listening to other viewpoints), I continue to see people lament about the conditions today by saying " ... when will it get better, I don't think I can hold on much longer ...." - that's why I wrote this piece, to help bring some clarity to them.

A bit on this clarity point: I had a sorta business mentor/friend in my mid-thirty's, who was a merchant banker from London, he was wise beyond his years I used to think. One day I asked him, how do you see these things so clearly? He had a great example for me. He would tell me life is like climbing a mountain, and he was merely a half dozen paces or so ahead of me up that mountain side, "From up here," he would tell me, "I can see the horizon better than you can ... I'm not any smarter than you Peter, I just got here first and the view's better than down there!'

Now, back to the article - my own conclusion: I would say, probably 98% of everyone I speak to about this (and almost all of the industry "guru's" I see), don't really understand we're now moving in another entirely different direction ... meaning, surviving this is merely accomplished by lasting until the turbulence is over - then returning to how it was (by holding-out) isn't how it works ... it doesn't return to how it was (or even close to that)! And, THAT'S a rather profound point, when you don't understand it.

CAN WE HELP YOU?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap