Wednesday, December 05, 2007

More on SEO & PR

I was gonna tell you more today on the dozens and dozens of key word/phrases which we try to get a good ranking on, but they have resulted in a page (ex.) 319 or 1,756 placement ... but I was embarrased to show you that list too - it's longer ...

On an industry discussion board I enjoy, today someone was speaking about Page Rank (PR) and I gave him this answer I though was important:

"I'm starting to think this PR is an ego thingy, I even find myself spending quite a bit of time seeking relevant sites with good PR to link to us - which MIGHT bring us a customer from the other's guys site - 'cause they're sorta 'curious', but for that to happen I won't hold my breath ... I think what one search engine (Google 70% of all searches on the planet) thinks about how revelant our site is - its PR - means less to me that what potential customers think evey day of the week! BUT, remember this Jake -- out there in the real world of Internet YOUR 'serious' future customers (and mine as well) don't give two hoots about your PR in my view - they find you because they search specific words and phrases on any number of search engines, so they can be lead to a website which will help them solve their problems, one with solutions and good information.We have been focusing on getting first page key word/phrase ranking (on as many different words/phrases as we can) on all the major organic search engines -- with some reasonably good results so far. I speak about this and our stats from time to time in my Blog -- could be some good info for you there, check it out when you have the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap