Saturday, December 15, 2007

Updating our Main Website - SEO revisited

So ... this morning, I decide to revisit the search results for those highly ranked key word/phrases I revealed here last week. Naturally, since searches are not static, many of them changed their relative page positions, nothing drastic I'm happy to say (but it does look like maybe a few of our competitors read this blog, and did some extra work on them as well)!

I click each of them, found our listing on the results page, copy & paste what the search engines highlighted as the relevant text which they selected to show, and then plugged all of this in another excel spreadsheet. Theory being, as I make changes to our pages, I want to be sure to not change any of the text that contributed to nicely placed key word/phrases ranking. Therefore any changes I make, should only improve our positions and not necessarily harm any future search results ... but we'll have to see about that, because the 'optimal key word density' of each page is going to be compromised by my modifications ... this stuff confusing you? It sure as hell is confusing me!


Finished my Christmas shopping day before yesterday - sent my children and grand-children out those Gift Cards, so they can get what they want ... I really miss the days when they were all still at home, and we could open up real presents from under the tree Christmas morning. I just loved to see their little eyes light up ... no better feeling than that for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap