Friday, December 14, 2007

Keyword/phrases SE SEO ... more

Ok, so I'm getting myself all worked up over making changes to our main website as a kinda new years update; let's call it freaked out!! I have been obsessing over even some of the minor changes I have planned ... and then this morning it hit me as I looked at todays's stats.

I went back a few days to copy and post here, some of the searches people did, where we were ranked in a terrible position (with that particular key word/phrase) and yet, they click over to our page anyway ... here ... you take a peek:

Google Search
thank you to mentor teacher #57!!
inurl:links mortgages #75!!
mortgage brokerage training #45
mortgage site templates #63
mortgage industry loan programs #39
free mortgage loan programs training #107

MSN/Live Search
education mortgage #52
education mortgage #80!!

I thought I would put these here to help teach you a lesson - and me too! Here's what these search results tell me. They tell me at least some people will click over to a website even when the keyword/phrase is 'buried' in their results. As I study what the SE's saw that put our pages up in the results of these random searches, I have learned even the most casual non-focus content, can attract visitors to a website - not many - but some.

So now, I'm really freaked! In an SEO newsletter I got yesterday - this quote LEAPED off the page at me: "It's common knowledge that visitors tend to glance at, and scan, pages rather than study them in any great detail." Again, I want to shorten up our content, yet be thorough enough, that the potential student will get the full story before they decide to engage this or that service or materials from our learning center.

I'm confused and need some help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap