Friday, November 03, 2006

A very large part of the problem in our business these last few years, is that it is similar to the landscaping business. If you own a lawn mower, you can print business cards and immediately be in the landscaping business.

Last several years, Big Commissions have become available to industry entry level personnel (loan officers), which has attracted every Tom, Dick & Harry commissioned sales types. Their major focus is on the amount of their own commissions, and as such they have no financial institution backgrounds and training (like it was for several decades which I lived through in the biz). According to a recently released (reliable) nationwide survey, the average income in California was $127,000 in 2005 with virtually no financial or industry training at all. Therefore with the focus on their interests and not as much on those of their customers, unethical behavior has become common place. Unfortunately, it’s a short walk from unethical actions to full-blown fraud - a condition the industry is over-run with these days. I'm deeply frustrated as I speak with them about the Integrity and level of Ethics needed for their new professional careers, plus all that there is they need to learn, to make it in the industry ... as a career; I often feel like I'm talking to a rock. I speak of a valuable solid career, and their mind is on techniques to 'close' customers & how much money they can earn - driving me nuts!

On a much more pleasant note my 12 year old grand-son is having a football game tomorrow @ 11AM and the 13 year old grand-daughter's game is after. I missed his last week-end, but not tomorrow. He tells me he's a line-backer! KEWL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap