Monday, October 23, 2006

Where did username Secret! come from?

I got asked this question the other day, here's the story. Several years ago, the premiere industry publisher (people I have known for 3 decades) started a home-made discussion board, the Mortgage Grapevine was born with no bells and whistles; we all used our real names and employer names as well. I was a regular contributator there for several years (and at the time their longest running individual paid advertiser for 18 months as well), posted over 7,000 times. They quickly discovered real names was a mistake, since many people would post using the name of anoher, so they went to 'usernames.' Since this was my very first exposure to a discussion board, I thought I would be clever - so I selected Secret! (translation "who I am is none of your business"). At that time I thought it was pretty funny.

I developed a mortgage originator's website, and spoke about Internet originations openly there daily, all my stats etc. Many people back then, lived the experience through me (all the joys and all the mistakes), so I stated teaching a Live class on Websites & Internet Originations - after I had operated the website in the real world for 39 months. After a short while I retired from operations and decided to get my teaching credential and teach, then evolved that one class into a larger enterprise - now Secret! University.

Oh by the way, my Raiders WON!!! And did any of you see that hit the Colts quarterback took in the second quarter, looked like they snapped his spine to me - it was ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap