Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Secondary Market - Follow Up

As promised this morning I'm going to reveal some immediate instant gratification information about this hot topic, along with some long-term sound career advise, that will earn you many hundreds of thousand of extra dollars IF you follow it (it did for me).

First off for the immediate. Contact the California Mortgage Bankers Association (cmba.com), and pay the money for your entry into their July 9-11 Western Secondary Market Conference in San Francisco. For non-members of CMBA, before June 9 it's $459 and after that it's $509. I myself can unconditionally guarantee you that anybody you know, who's been a mortgage banker for longer than 20 minutes, will tell you this is the premiere conference on this subject in the entire Nation. I started going to this way back when I was a mortgage broker, its helped me grow-up my career; I attended probably two or 3 dozen of them and I know you should too!

Here's what happens there ... you'll attend this and that session on a few of the topics which interest you, you may make a new friend or two ... BUT you'll take the time and slowly walk around the Exhibit Hall and you'll see and speak with every single secondary market player in the Country - they'll all be there looking YOU right in the eyes!

The education you'll get will startled you - once you see the magnatude of this industry that's been over the horizion to you, so far.


Now for the Long-term: I saw the ad for this in the latest National Mortgage News newspaper, which I have been reading every Monday edition for almost 30 years, (1). You need to subscribe to it and READ it carefully 800/221-1809 it's $259 yearly. Reading this will give you a much more well-rounded view of your own career and where it can go. (2). Join and attend (at minimum) the Annual Convention of the Mortgage Bankers Association - you'll be equally stunned at what you can learn there, I first joined them about a year before my own company evolved into a mortgage banker and was a member for a couple of decades after that.

These simple things, read that particular industry publication, go to the Secondary Conference mentioned above yearly, join the MBA and go to it's annual convention and you'll GET SMART!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap