Thursday, August 09, 2007

So, this morning as I was collecting the data from yesterday's website visitors to plug into my Excel spreadsheet (if I printed it out - it would be larger than my desk!), one thing struck me when I saw this phrase: "what do you need to know before becoming a mortgage broker" yielded a visitor to our website (we're #46 in Google on that one!) ... here it is: No matter where you rank in Google on any specific keyword or phrase, it only matters IF the person searching that term actually clicks to your website! So with 45 better ranked then us, did this guy click all of them? Or skip to page 7 and click us in PR position 46?

So we could have been #2 on that key phrase, but if the Google searcher had clicked the #1 link, they may have found exactly what they wanted, and never clicked us! Therefore, I see as I measure the various key words and phrases and their relative PR (page rank), it means little since it only counts if somebody clicks it! Obvious, sure ... but thought I would write down this random thought I had today. More tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap