Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ever since I joined aol in 1995 I have been fascinated with the Internet, most folks my age I have found are generally pretty clueless about it, I have delightfully become an exception.

Many of you know in 1999 I developed a residential real estate mortgage brokerage website, to attract and process loan applicants (that worked quite well!) - then started to teach a live class (after I got my State teaching certification) "Website & Internet Originations" five years ago, which subsequently expanded into what is today the Secret! University learning center.

Since I first started my career in our industry, I have been very anal about statistics, never could figure out how or why that began inside my head - since I never was that much into math things in school - yet it is what it is.

One of the very first tasks I complete every morning, is to download and study our website visitor log ( I use three different software products to do that, they have different features is why I use 3 of them). As a result I have grown into a semi-knowledgable 'tech' sorta person about SEO and the like.

Today I was excited to note, we are ranked Number One on Google for the search term: "Mortgage Industry Education" ... even though we rank in the top 10 on many many dozens of keywords (in our industry niche), in the top 5 on more than a dozen or so, and number 1 or 2 in several as well ... our various results I track (and save in an excell spreadsheet) and am pretty proud of so far.

This particular one, just struck me today ... so I thought I would share ....


PS: Now, for those of you that don't know this, organic ranking in the major search engines change all the time, so we might not be #1 in 20 minutes (if you wanna check) but we should be close !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap