Saturday, July 21, 2007

For those of you who follow my thoughts here, I apologize for not adding anything in more than a week.

With all the turbulence in the industry, I have kept my focus on the many individual State law changes, and there's been a bunch - more than I'm sure the average LO or independent Mortgage Broker can keep up with. That's going to be another can of worms once those State lawmakers realize many of the originators are not in compliance with a lot of their changes, as that population generally doesn't follow industry news in trade publication - so they frequently miss the specifics, let alone the big picture.

The proposed Federal "Fiduciary Duty" Bill will have the most significant impact on the entire industry once it passes in my view. And ya know what? I'm puzzled to see just how many industry insiders (the big-shots I mean by that) are fighting it! Forcing a 'fiduciary duty' to their borrower/customer and making everybody comply with 'good faith and fair dealing' standards is NOT something anyone should resist, as I see it.

Way back (a hundred years or so) when I started off as a snot-nosed twenty-something type A high-charger know-it-all, my first industry employer insisted that we behave that way ... from day one! Therefore everyone that ever worked for me (there) or when I went out on my own, had the concept stuffed inside their brain - a good idea as I have always seen it. It protects all of us in the long run, to do the right thing by our customers. I hope it passes and becomes National law soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap