Saturday, June 23, 2007

Right before my brain EXPLODES, maybe one of you can help me out a bit. I have a mystery which my head cannot figure out, so here goes:

March 21, 2007 I finsihed a new CD Mortgage Lesson and made it available for sale on our website. At that time I also announced here, and on our discussion board; in our newsletter and right on our main website that, for a limited tme, this lesson was available for viewing free of charge (HERE). To date exactly 517 different people have viewed it; along with announcing it's availability I also asked people to shoot me an e-mail, or remark on our board (publically or privately) and let me know what they thought about the lesson ... ya know like ... it was great, very helpful, thank you, it was so so, or it sucked, etc.

I know this lesson was a good one, it took me quite some time to produce and it was/is full of some serious and long-experienced commentary about this sometimes tricky topic (advertising) from an owner (me) who's been spending money doing 'advertising' (both pre and post Internet) for several decades, legal references to the laws that govern industry ads (and that's not easy to find) etc. So I thought it was pretty well-rounded.

I don't need an ego validation or anything like that (not at my age now anyway), and since I already know it's a good lesson ... but I frankly never know how these things come across to people sometimes, so I just wanted some opinions --- so far I've gotten NONE!

Here's my trick question to you please .... ready ? .... WHY no comments?

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryant Keefe said...

Good, concise lesson on the required mechanics of advertising. The reminder that all "rate" quotes to consumers require the APR disclosure is timely. I know most consumers do not realize this is required and a sharp LO could spin this into a competition crushing USP. The opportunity to set your self apart with this presentation is invaluable. I would suggest the loan officer prepare a free report to disclose to consumers how to tell you are working with a professional and not someone who amy subject you to future criminal proceedings or law suits. I amy need to create this report.

Godd lesson, I have good content for my Friday memo to my office now!

Thanks,

Bryant Keefe

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap