Thursday, April 26, 2007

So far this month 173 people have visited the Free Lesson page on our main website; it has been my wish that many hundreds of people in the industry would take the time to check it out, since it contains some pretty good information which most probably don't know - and it's complimentary too! I plugged in a pitch to 'see it,' inside our May 1st newsletter, hope that will increase the traffic to that particular page. As a general statement, I'm happy with our SEO efforts and the amount of 'organic traffic' we receive from google; of course it could always be better, but I'm pleased fo rnow.

And speaking of website traffic, earlier this week I took the delibrate action to remove myself from making further comments inside several industry discussion boards - whos various members have accounted for almost 20% of our site traffic - I have been an active participate in several of these for more than 7 years now, and I have seen a consistant theme with most of them, which is that they are generally inhabited by younger Type A personality inexperienced salesmen type know-it-alls. That animal has developed into being very adept at 'typing to communicate' and they frequently utilize those boards as a 'place to play' - at my age and years of experience I have found myself, time and time again, on the wrong side of what that crowd thinks of our industry. I also picked up the fact that others of MY peers, were never there trying to help the masses and interact with them. Even though there was a lot of positive things realized; there were more negatives in my mind to continue in that venue.

Our May newsletter is gonna be a 'barn-burner', loads of good information in this one - I hope you like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sitemap